Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miss paranoid.

The talent event casting for a corporate client was in the evening today.
I think i was the only one who requested to use the toilet to change into their attire instead of changing in the room. Coz i'm Miss-paranoid! I think there were friendly people asking questions like, ''how to get events, castings, and all.''
You would have to go through a modeling agency or a talent/events management
agency for that. Not through those scam agencies who approach people on the streets, and demand people to pay exorbitant prices for a portfolio, but a reliable one which gives you assignment opportunities. Castings would be participated by a lot of people, sometimes across, most or all of the different agencies in Singapore i guess. A casting doesn't guarantee that you would get the job, a casting is just an opportunity and you would have to compete with thousand and 1 other people for it. I have met a lot of other much taller, definitely way beta-looking-than-me girls before thru castings, and i don't think i would go far in this industry. I'm quite honest with myself. Hence, this would only be done part-time and when i'm still young. Currently, I consider myself quite new, and, I go through 2 different agents for that. I'm not comfortable with ''castings''/ ''photoshoot calls'' from forums and all. Some events I got involved in, were through reliable contacts. Some opportunities, confirmed assignments have been missed due to work and school commitments along the way too. Coz generally for a photoshoot/TVC, i would have to commit a full-day. Event-timings may sometimes be flexible, sometimes not.


Okay..back to the ''changing room matter''- I just agreed frankly that i won't feel comfortable changing in the room, though, yes, the glasses were frosted and all. I'm always paranoid about such things one! hahaha! The client is highly respectable and has a really great reputation and classy brand-image, but i'm just being paranoid lah!

Just like why I decline myself to be featured in certain not-very-sure-what-exactly-is-this-site-about-or-not-very-sure-i-wanna-be-
seen-with-this-brand-image''online/ hard-copy publication/ source'' ? That's because my ''commercial value'' in the talent industry might drop if i am not that selective.
I decline diplomatically, not critically. It's just a personal choice. Everyone have their own options in life. I'm not being snobbish or anything, i'm just being careful. And also, if im going to continue working in the corporate line, full-time, i gotta be more careful and selective regarding such matters.

And I don't find it weird that i decline bikini shots, though, i do have personal bikini shots , up on my blog here and my social net-working accounts. It's different when you hold the rights to your own bikini shots, and when an amateur photographer holds the same rights to them. Because, if you allow an amateur photographer to take bikini shots of yourself for his own collection, the rights of the pictures belong to him, and not solely yourself. Hence, think about it this way...
What if the amateur photographer decides to use your bikini shots on a sleazy advertisement- like example, ''fantasy chatline''? What can you say about it? If the bikini shot was for a reputable publication, or a corporate client for like say, a beach advertisement, it's a different thing.
If others use your bikini pictures for their commercial projects and all,without your consent, you could take legal action against them.

And, I would never never never ever allow nude or semi nude shots to be taken of me.
Never ever. Never never ever. People who have approached me online for Shoots with themes like ''Exotic'', ''Erotic, artistic'', ''Sexy and Erotic'' and ''Body-painting'' have been declined by me. I wonder why these people wanna take such shots when corporate clients usually want shots that are commercial.

Regards,
!Sherry