Thursday, May 20, 2010

Give thanks to God! : )

Hi Frenz, sorry if i sound really curt these few days.
Usually I wouldn't sound that curt and all....
But it is coz i'm tired and very drained. This is a really tough module.

Hmmm...
there are few things that i just wanna clarify:

1. Regarding requests like introduction of event jobs and all.

Events Jobs got to be gotten thru modeling and events agencies,
sometimes they have castings, or require briefings and fittings.
Hence being a part-time events talent, it is my job to go through castings,
briefings, fittings. And I update my portfolio for a substantial reason as it would be good to present most recent pictures in my compcard to show the different styles that i can explore. Hence i don't do anything for fun, i do everything for a substantial reason.

And i am serious in anything that i commit myself to. The reason why i am not doing coordination or find a job dealing more with events management is coz of the lack of time, as i need to commit to my studies. And the flexible schedule of events allows me to have ample time to study.


Hence I hope u can understand that, the reason why i requested for you to liase directly thru my agents/ manager/agencies sometimes is coz i need the time to fulfill my other commitments.
Coz coordination requires making sure that a particular person is available for a particular slot, and if there are generally a large pool of people who asks me to fulfill their favours of liasing for them all at the same time, it would really impose a lot of stress on me as apart from events, i have a lot of other commitments as well.


I really wish that i could take on a coordinator job, as that would be something that is more regular, but
the nature of a coordinator job requires immense commitment and requires one to be contactable almost 24/7, hence my schedule would not permit me the capacity to commit to the aforementioned roles.

There are a large number of contacts who do ask me for event opportunities and
I really hope that you can understand that, reasonably-speaking, it would be my priority to give the opportunities to my closest frenz who are doing events as well, and girls with pleasant personalities; whom i work with and trust to handle anything/ any problem professionally.

Coz i hope u can understand, that if anything happens, even though i am not the coordinator, it would be my obligation to answer to my agents. Not handling issues well would harm the working relationship between me and my agents and would harm my reputation and working attitude as a whole. Even though Events is catered as a job and not a career, I still believe in giving my best to everything that i do, as I take pride in everything.


I am doing events because it has a flexible schedule but my dream is to be a brand consultant dealing with branding issues hence that's y i commit a large proportion of my time to my studies, as i need a communication/marketing degree to get an entry-level role in branding. Hence i really hope to dispel negative stereotypes about event girls. Previously, I was working as a designer but i stopped designing full time because the nature of a design occupation consists of irregular working hours and usually you have to commit weekends to edit your work .

2. Regarding questions about me being Single.

A large proportion of my time is dedicated to my work and my studies, and
this is already very tiring and draining.

I would need to settle my priorities first and settle my issues on hand hence i cannot
impose more stress on myself.

3. Regarding parties

I don't party much nowadays, and if i do, it would be for a short period of time,
as I need to dedicate time for my other commitments.

4. Regarding personality

I am generally an okay person to be with, and i do love laughing at things, but when it comes to my studies and my reputation, i work really hard for everything that i have, and i guard my reputation strongly. If i find anyone defaming me through any mediums, i would not hesitate to take action against them. I believe that it is fair
only if you make yourself known and not remain anonymous. There's no use communicating with a power ranger or hello kitty avatar. I have not found any defamations so far, because i have a low-profile status, but unkind words have been written and said about me, fair enough, they are mainly criticisms that are not detrimental to my reputation, but if i should find anything that one said, that would harm my reputation specifically, be assured that appropriate action would be taken.


Thanks for the understanding and hope to blog more soon.
But currently i need to really focus on my studies.

My results for the previous module is out and i thank God for rewarding my hard-work.
I finally got the results that i always wanted.
I would continue to work diligently and i really hope that frenz would give me the support and encouragement that i need.

Thank u my frenz,
Thanks 4 reminding me about living life for myself and not caring about what others think too much.

love,
Sherry.